Pavo Podo®Lac Pellets For pregnant and lactating mares - 20Kg
About Pavo®Lac Pellets
The development of healthy bones and joints is crucial for the health and performance of a horse, something serious breeders are all too aware of. Nutrition plays an essential role in this and it begins while the mare is still pregnant.
With the mare chop Pavo Podo®Lac Pellets you give the unborn foal all the important nutrients in advance. Mare's milk naturally contains too little copper and zinc for foals, while these are necessary for, among other things, a good development of bones, organs, coat and digestive processes. This is why it is so important to increase the amount of copper in the last three months of pregnancy, so that the unborn foal can build up a reserve supply in its liver through the umbilical cord. In the first three months of life, this reserve then gradually becomes available and the foal can use it for a healthy development. The mare chunk Pavo Podo®Lac Pellets contains all important nutrients for the unborn foal and can be fed from the last three months of pregnancy up to and including the suckling period.
Protein in Pavo Podo®Lac Pellets
From years of forage research, we know that the energy and protein values in forage vary greatly and are generally on the low side. While these are in fact very important nutrients during pregnancy and lactation! That is why Pavo Podo®Lac Pellets contains, besides a large amount of vitamin E, also a high protein and fat content.
Pavo Podo®Concept: 3 steps to a healthy foal
Pavo has always done a lot of research into the ideal feed for the breeding world and from this the unique Pavo Podo® concept was developed: four products which link up seamlessly and support the growing foal with all the important nutrients, especially in this crucial period in which the bones and joints develop.
- The mare chunk Pavo Podo®Lac Pellets isstep 1in the support of mare and foal.
- Step 2 is the foal pelletPodo®Start
- Step 3 is the rearing pelletPodo®Grow
*Tip: do you feed no or little concentrated feeds from our Podo®Concept? Then Pavo Podo®Care (pellets) or Pavo Podo®Care Liquid (paste) is a supplementary feed supplement for young foals up to 24 months old.
- Contains the proven Podo®Concept
- Highly digestible copper, zinc and manganese for optimal bone cartilage development in the foal
- Correct calcium/phosphorus ratio for pregnancy and lactation and extra magnesium
- With extra protein and vitamin E
- Keeps mares in optimal breeding condition and encourages a maximum milk yield
- For mares from the 9th month of pregnancy (or earlier to support good body condition) until the end of lactation.
- Helpful tip: Mares that loose weight during lactation.
- Pavo Podo®Lac Pellets is especially developed the stimulate and support the mare's milk yield. But some mares are giving so much milk, which result in a skinny mare and a fat foal. If you mare is losing weight during lactation, you can replace Pavo Podo®Lac Pellets by Pavo Performance at 6-8 weeks after foaling. The mare receives a lot of energy, but the milk production will decrease. This give the mare the oppurtunity to recover. Change gradually to Pavo Performance if necessary (timeframe: in two weeks).
Wheat feed / Barley / Oats / Soya bean meal, toasted nonGMO / Sunflower seed meal / Cane molasses / Alfalfa / Sozabeanoil / Linseed / Calcium carbonate / Sodium chloride (salt) / Magnesium oxide / Brewer's yeast / CellProtect
Average advice in t9th - 11th month of gestation: 420 gram per 100 kg bodyweight per day Average advice in 1st - 4th month of lactation: 650 gram per 100 kg bodyweight per day Average advice in 5th - 6th month of lactation: 350 gram per 100 kg bodyweight per day, slowly switch to normal feed during this period